27 Jul Kale Chips
We pick up some fresh kale from our neighborhood farmer’s market today and think it’s a good idea to turn them into crunchy snacks that both grown ups and kids will enjoy. Munching on these healthy yet still delicious chips will never make you feel guilty!!
Preparation time: 20mins
1) 1-2 bunches of kale
2) handful of sea salt or seasoning salt
3) 10-15ml olive oil/avocado oil/grapeseed oil
1) Preheat oven to 200F
2) Remove the stems and tear the kale leaves into bite size pieces
3) Wash the leaves and dry them thoroughly with a salad spinner and towel
4) Toss kale leaves with oil and salt
5) Layer the leaves on baking sheet
6) Bake for 25-30 mins until crispy
1) The leaves must be super dry, otherwise they won’t turn crispy in the oven at all.
2) Bake with bare baking sheet with no underlay of tin foil or parchment paper.
3) Season kale before putting into the oven, I find the seasoning to be more evenly distributed compare to seasoning after baking.