15 Oct Miniature fondant bags
Here is my tutorial of making the miniature fondant designer bags. Beginners are more than capable to do this, no experience working on fondant is required.
What you need
1) Knead the modelling fondant as per instruction on package, consistency should be soft as playdough.
2) Use a toothpick or chopstick to apply tiny amount of gel colour on the fondant, knead until the colour is even out.
3) Take a small piece of fondant that’s about the same size as the bag, roll it out as a tiny ball, then press hard into the mold. If you are working on the bags with handles, make sure you have to bend the mold to open the crack wide enough to stick the fondant in, then keep working rest of the parts. If you start the other way around, there’s not enough room for you to push the fondant through.
4) Let it set for couple minutes, then you can gently take out the bag from the mold.
5) Use a small brush to brush on the gold dust, immediately the stencil patterns will stand out.
6) Mix equal part of lemon extract with gold dust, mix well with a chopstick. Paint the bag hardware with mixed gold paint.
7) Let it air dry over night and voila your miniature bags are ready for decorations in your special event.