16 Jan Panna Cotta with Honey Figs
Panna Cotta is very easy to make and you can be creative for the toppings. I have used figs in this recipe but you can totally substitute with other fruits like berries and mandarin orange slices. You may also infuse the cream mixture with tea leaves or cocoa powder to enrich flavours.
Preparation Time: 2 hours 30 mins
Ingredients for 4 servings:
1) 2 Organic Gelatin Sheets
2) 250ml Heavy Cream
3) 50ml Milk
4) 40g sugar – adjust to your taste if needed
5) 1 Vanilla Pod
1) Soak gelatin sheets in a small bowl in cold water.
2) Scrape vanilla seeds with a paring knife and add to the milk mixture.
3) Gently heat the cream, milk and sugar. Turn off the heat when it starts to simmer.
4) Squeeze gelatin sheets to remove excess water.
5) Add Gelatin to the milk mixture and mix until they fully dissolve.
6) Pour mixture into 4 individual containers.
7) Put them into the fridge and let them set for at least 2 hours.
8) Garnish with fresh fruits and drizzle with honey.
*Organic gelatin sheets are from Choices Market and this dessert is also vegetarian friendly. I have only used sheets for this recipe.
* Try Ina Garten’s perfect recipe here and I think it’s handy with gelatin packet.
*Substitute with half & half instead of heavy cream for a lighter feathery texture.