06 Sep Sesame Noodle Salad
Summer is leaving and transitioning into Fall. I would love to share one of my favourite recipes that’s easy to make and great for all seasons.
Ingredients (2 servings)
eggs x 2
tomato x 1
Sesame sauce (available in Asian supermarket) 30ml
Light soy sauce 15ml
Chili oil/paste 5ml
sugar to taste 3g
1. Cook spaghetti according to instructions from the package. Run an ice bath or rinse under cold water. Yup, you need to get rid of the starch and cool the pasta. Drain the pasta, divide them into 2 plates and bring them back to the fridge.
2. Beat the eggs and pan fry the mixture until golden brown then julienne the omelette into thin strips.
3. Repeat julienning rest of the ingredients.
4. Make the sauce by combining the sesame sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce, sugar and a bit of water to thin out the sauce. The consistency should not be too thick. You can always adjust the taste by adding more chili or sesame sauce if you need. It’s totally up to your preferences.
5. Bring the pasta out from fridge, arrange all the ingredients on top and pour the sauce over when it’s ready to be served.
Voila! Bon Appetit!