19 Feb Squids & Jamon Ceviche Endive
I promised to keep my Valentine’s dinner simple this year and managed to complete a 3 course menu within 2 hours. The first course I served was the Squids & Jamon Ceviche Endive. Beautiful hors d’oeuvres to be served in special occasions or parties. You can make the ceviche ahead and scoop them on the endive leaves whenever it’s ready to serve.
Servings (16-20 pieces)
1. 1-2 Endive bulbs
2. 1/2 cup Cauliflower florets chopped in tiny pieces
3. 4-5 Squids (small size)
4. 8 pieces Jamon/Prosciutto
5. 3-4 Grapefruit segments
1. 2 TBS Lime juice
2. 2 TBS Grapefruit juice
3. 1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4. Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Wash and peel the endive leaves.
2. Grill squids with olive oil, salt and pepper. Chop them and set them aside.
3. Break the grapefruit segments into tiny pieces and combine together with the raw cauliflower pieces and squids. Now your ceviche is almost ready.
4. Prepare dressing by combining the lime juice, grapefruit juice, olive oil, salt & pepper.
5. Drizzle dressing on top of the ceviche.
6. Slice jamon/prosciutto in the right size to fit into the endive leaves.
7. Assemble the dish by layering Jamon on the endive and place a scoop of ceviche on top. Drizzle with more olive oil.
*Purple coloured cauliflower is being used in the recipe.
*Substitute squids with octopus or prawns
*Ceviche can be served chilled or in room temperature.
*Substitute grapefruit with pomegranate