11 May Warm Roasted Beet Salad
The coffee balsamic glaze of this recipe highlights the sweetness from the beets – simple yet delicious. The fun part is to get creative with the plating, with full of colours and textures to create your own food art.
Warm Roasted Beet Salad with Coffee Balsamic Glaze
1 small red beet
1 small golden beet
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup brewed light- to medium-roast coffee
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 strip of orange peel
20g crumbled cow feta cheese
A handful of fresh dill
1-2 kale stems
1. Wash beets, trimmed and cut them into bite size.
2. Wash kale leaves, dry them thoroughly with salad spinner and tear them into bite size.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200˚C). Toss the beets with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Combine the coffee, vinegar, agaves syrup and orange peel in small sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce the liquid until it reaches to syrup consistency. Discard the orange peel and cool the glaze to room temperature.
5. Toss kale leaves with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake them in a 200F oven for 30mins until they turn crispy. See my full kale chips recipe.
6. Arrange the beets on a platter and drizzle with the glaze. Garnish with feta cheese, pecans, kale chips and dill.
**This recipe is adopted from Kinfolk.