01 Dec Lavender Earl Grey Shortbread
‘Tis the season for shortbread cookies. Baked with love and share the wonderful treats with your friends & family. It’s also a lovely idea for hostess gift in X’mas dinner party.
The recipe is adopted from Butter Baked Goods from Rosie Daykin.
1. 200g butter (I cut down butter from original recipe 1 cup)
2. 1 cup icing sugar (I cut down roughly 10% of sugar also)
3. 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
4. 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
5. 1 tablespoon of earl grey loose tea leaves (use food processor to finely grind the leaves)
6. 1 teaspoon of dried lavender (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar with wooden spatula or stand mixer until mixture. is creamy and fluffy.
3. Swift flour, tea leaves, dried lavender in and mix into the butter mixture.
4. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough to about 1/4 inch. thick then use your favourite cutter to cut out individual cookies.
5. Transfer each cookie to the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 12-15mins when edges are lightly golden brown.
7. Place warm cookies over wired racks and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
8. Package them in goodie bags and wrap with your favourite ribbon.
1. Roll the dough to less than < 1/4 inch will give a more crispy texture.
2. Substitute lavender with lemon zest for citrus flavour.