26 Jul Pan Seared Scallops with Parmesan Baked Fennel and Cauliflower
I believe in homemade fine dine, means you can create some wonderful dishes for your family and significant other during special occasions easily at home without splurging in a fine dining restaurant. The experience is probably more memorable and cozy. My husband is always looking forward to what I can come up with. Don’t worry…I don’t feel pressured as I tend to find some easy adapted recipes. Promise that you don’t require to be trained in Le Cordon Bleu in order to make them.
Pan Seared Scallops with Parmesan Baked Fennel and Deep Fried Cauliflower
Servings for 2
1. 4-6 Large fresh scallops
2. 1/4 Fennel
3. 1/2 Cauliflower (I use the purple one in my recipe)
4. A handful of finely grated Parmesan Raggiano
5. Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
6. 1-2 TBS Olive Oil
7. 10g Butter
8. 100g All purpose flour
1. Wash fennel and cauliflower then chop them into bite size ~1 inch.
2. Arrange fennel in baking sheet, drizzle olive oil, then add cheese and ground black pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 300F, bake fennel for 15mins or until it’s golden brown.
4. Next, lightly flour cauliflower florets. Heat vegetable oil then fry florets until golden brown. Should only take less than a minute or two. Take them out, season with salt and cayenne pepper and set side.
5. Season scallops with pinch of sea salt and pepper.
6. Heat your pan with some olive oil with butter, add your scallops when the oil turns very hot.
7. Pan seared each side for 40 sec.
8. Your fennel should be ready to be out from the oven. Plate your scallops, fennel and cauliflower florets on a huge plate and voila they are ready to be served.
** I used some leftover radish slices for garnish but you may choose to skip it.