18 May Why Paris
“If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast.” – Ernest Hemingway, to a friend, 1950
8 reasons why we returned to Paris?
1. Because we were eager to see the City of Light and be romantic…except this time we didn’t have to wait until 11pm to see Louvre light up. So we spent the time to find the Midnight in Paris shooting location. We did almost get lost, but we didn’t get transported back in time.
2. Because I didn’t get a chance to wander around Marais neighbourhood on our last visit and this time we stayed right next to Merci and got to visit the store multiple times…
3. Because I couldn’t get over with those beautiful store fronts and display on the streets …also with surrounding live music added to the vibe…
4. Because I got to satisfy my cravings for the most fresh oysters at Huitrerie Regis and got to speak to the restaurant owner again, and this time he finally had a smile on his face.
5. Because not only oysters completely go above and beyond our scale, also for other traditional French cuisine such as Foie Gras and Escargots taste way more delicious in Paris. They were perfectly executed in Le Comptoir . I would never try Foie Gras in Vancouver…not the same thing and not bother to put them on the same scale.
6. Because I wish I got to stay in an apartment with a balcony…
7. Because I am mesmerized by that specific picture of Eiffel Tower and I dedicate a post to it….
8. Because of surprises!!! Like meeting that cutest young family and kissing the most handsome and cute little gentleman…..
All above made my trip, my memories and part of my life.
How about you? What are your reasons to return to somewhere you have been to?
如果你夠幸運， 在年輕時待過巴黎， 那麼巴黎將永遠跟隨著你， 因為巴黎是一席流動的饗宴。 ──1950年海明威致友人
因為晚上的巴黎的確很浪漫, 回來看看亮燈的羅浮宮，回來找找看Midnight in Paris拍攝場地，兩個傻瓜原來一早找到還在拼命亂走，而我們並沒有遇見海明威。
因為要回來看看生蠔店的老闆還是不是不苟言笑。Huitrerie Regis 他們家的生蠔還是我吃過最鮮味的，而且這次老闆臉上有掛笑容了。